Dexron® VI/Mercon® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid is a premium quality, fully synthetic, multivehicle, low viscosity automatic transmission fluid that is recommended for use in those General Motors and Ford vehicles that specify the use of Dexron® VI and Mercon® LV fluids respectively. Dexron® VI/Mercon® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid is also suitable for use in automatic transmission applications that require the use of a JASO 1A type fluid.
Dexron® VI/Mercon® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid contains a special blend of synthetic base fluids and a carefully balanced multifunctional additive system that provides superior friction durability, protection against shudder, and allows the proper friction retention needed for long life performance and smooth lock-ups. and a highly shear stable viscosity improver. This combination provides the Dexron® VI/Mercon® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid with the following performance benefits:
1. Excellent low temperature fluidity to ensure proper operation of today’s transmissions fitted with electronic controls and smaller orifices.
2. Excellent oxidation and thermal stability.
3. Excellent resistance to thermal degradation.
4. Outstanding resistance against sludge and deposit formation.
5. Very low volatility characteristics
6. Excellent film strength.
7. Carefully balanced frictional modification that allows for the proper friction retention for long life performance and smooth lock-ups.
8. Excellent anti-wear protection for clutches, gears and hydraulic pumps.
9. Smooth shifting and superior friction durability characteristics as required by the GM Dexron® VI and Ford Mercon® LV specifications, thereby offering excellent transmission response and operation over the life of the vehicle.
10. Smoother and quieter shifting.
11. Exceptional rust and corrosion protection with increased protection against pitting.
12. Excellent seal and materials compatibility.
13. Excellent foam control which maintains responsive shifts and reduces wear on bearings, bushings and gears,
14. Excellent shear stability.
15. Smooth gear shifting during low temperature operation.
16. Extended fluid and clutch durability and extended transmission life.
17. Improved torque transfer.
Dexron® VI/Mercon® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid is recommended for service fill and for use in the following applications.
• All Ford automatic transmissions that specify the use of Ford Mercon® LV type fluids.
• All automatic transmissions that specify the use of a JASO 1A type fluid
Dexron® VI/Mercon® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid is also suitable for use in the following automatic transmission applications:
Dexron® VI/Mercon® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid is not recommended for use in those automatic transmission applications that specify the use Ford Type F (M2C33F), Ford Type G, Ford Mercon®, Ford Mercon® C, Ford Mercon® V, Ford Mercon® SP, or in dual clutch transmissions (DCT) or continuously variable transmissions (CVT).